Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cupcakes and The Sapphires!

The Sapphires soundtrack is an excellent baking companion! 
So, I just saw a super sweet movie called The Sapphires! It's based on the true story of a group of talented, inspiring Australian Aboriginal girls that end up entertaining troops during the Vietnam War.  The soundtrack is absolutely amazing and also happens to be the perfect companion to a cupcake-baking session!  For these particular cupcakes, I used the following recipe from the fantastic Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen, with some minor adjustments.

  • I made half the recipe and opted for cupcakes instead of layer cake, decreasing the baking time to 20 minutes. 
  • I added chocolate chips and cinnamon to the cake batter for kicks, (and also because I feel that the cinnamon complements the cocoa flavor quite well when combined). 
  • I also used a blend of semi-sweet chocolate chips/dark chocolate chips for the instant fudge frosting mentioned in the link above.
Now treat yourself to a sampling of The Sapphires, (I love that this became a Salt N' Pepa/En Vogue collaboration):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JDiR4WBYrY

No copyright infringement intended. The recipe is all Deb Perelman and The Sapphires is all Hopscotch Films! ;)


Happy Baking and music-listening, everyone!



Love Always,
Rukh

No comments:

Post a Comment