Saturday, December 15, 2012

Love Actually is All Around

Cream Cheese Brownies


"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there..."

It's been a rough couple of days for everyone, so I thought it might be nice to share these words of hope and wisdom from one of my favorite holiday movies of all time, Love Actually. Just the other night, I was baking some cream cheese brownies with a dear friend of mine, thinking of how lucky we were to just be laughing, baking, and enjoying life's simple pleasures for a couple of hours. If you're reading this, I hope you take a moment to tell someone you love how much they mean to you. Happy Holidays and may the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows!

Here's the original recipe for the brownies. All credit goes to Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen. She's a genius!



For those innocent sweethearts gone too soon: 

Alison Krauss and Robert Plant, Your Long Journey


Love Always,
Rukh

No comments:

Post a Comment