Monday, October 29, 2012

American Horror Story Pumpkin Blondies!!!

Pumpkin Blondies with Chocolate Chips & Caramel
Hello lovelies!  I've returned with a simple and positively decadent recipe in honor of our favorite terrifying television show, American Horror Story.  For those of you unfamiliar with it, (and those of you able /willing to stomach being thoroughly creeped out by an hour of TV a week), American Horror Story is an horror anthology series conceived by none other than Glee maestro, Ryan Murphy.  Each season features a new "horror story" and a different cast, (although some fierce favorites stick around from season 1 to play new characters...Diva Lange and Evan Peters among other talented folk, I'm lookin' at ya)!  WARNING: If you decide to watch this show, please know that it's incredibly disturbing and scary for someone like me.  After each episode, I watch five minutes of Parks & Rec or some other funny business to shake off the creepiness.

Also, despite all the disturbing plots, the show's incredibly addictive!  Mr. Murphy assembles a top-notch cast, (with a whole lot of theatre veterans, hollaaaa), who always meet the challenge of making this crazy material both believable and compelling. So, if you find yourself watching mini-marathons of the first and second seasons, don't say I didn't warn you!  Now, without further ado, I give you Pumpkin Blondies. A sweet co-worker of mine recommended the recipe off this website:


http://www.laurenslatest.com/ooey-gooey-caramel-pumpkin-blondies-with-chocolate-and-walnuts/

I take zero credit for this recipe...it's all goes to the baking diva that runs that site.  The only adjustment I made was in the type of vanilla extract I used: Trader Joe's has this amazing vanilla bourbon extract.  Maybe it's the Louisville, Kentucky girl in me, but I think it's phenomenal!

The official website for American Horror Story, courtesy FX networks:

No comments:

Post a Comment