Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dark Chocolate Brownies for The Night Circus

Night Circus Brownies!
Have you heard of The Night Circus? No, it's not a new movie starring Michael Fassbender (I wish), or a TV show. It's actually *drumroll please* a phenomenal book by Erin Morgenstern about two rival magicians growing up in the 1800s who fall in love, (yes it sounds a bit silly, but trust me, you'll love it). I got fifty pages in last night and had to force myself to put it down so I could get up in time for work! My lovely friend Saskia suggested it to me a long time ago and I'm glad I finally got around to reading it: it's full of eccentric characters, interesting plot twists, and of course, lots and lots of magic! So, in honor of said book (and in an attempt to get more people to read it), I give you: Night Circus Brownies.

What makes them Night Circus-y,  you ask? Well, there's dark chocolate in them...almost as dark as the night (yeah that's a little cheesy but bear with me here). I adapted the recipe from this one posted by   Baking Diva Deb Perelman over at Smitten Kitchen:

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2012/08/my-favorite-brownies/

Here are my adjustments:

I used 3 ounces of dark chocolate, 72% cacao instead of unsweetened chocolate
I added 1 extra teaspoon of vanilla extract (and of course)
I added 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.

I also found that I had to bake my brownies just a tad bit longer in my oven, but other than that, I stuck to her recipe. The original recipe is all Deb Perelman, no copyright infringement intended! These brownies are super easy to make! Happy baking! Once you're done, get a copy of The Night Circus or if you're like me tonight, enjoy said treats with some good friends and a glass of wine.

Love Always,
Rukh

Erin Morgenstern's personal website for the book: http://erinmorgenstern.com/the-night-circus/

No comments:

Post a Comment