Monday, August 27, 2012

It's been a while, but I have returned with a little Wonderland magic...

Cocoa powder love!
I'm looking at the date of my last post...I can't believe it was over 2 weeks ago! What would the baking divas say?! Don't fret, I have returned with a simple, yet yummy little recipe that will take you all of 5 minutes, (maybe even less). This one's a little invention of mine that I call my "Tiramisu in a Teacup." Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite animated films and since I'm having an Unbirthday Party in a couple of weeks, I thought I better start putting a fun menu together! This recipe came about a few weeks ago, when I was going to make some hot cocoa, with just a hint of coffee liqueur for kicks.

Suddenly (and quite sadly), I realized that it was just too hot outside for me to enjoy said drink: what was I to do? Well, in a moment of spontaneity, I decided to make the recipe, minus the heating-the-milk part. The result was a delightful little concoction with a bit of an edge, something that I'm sure the Mad Hatter would have loved to have at his tea parties in Wonderland. 

Ingredients

1 cup cold vanilla almond milk (or whatever milk you like. Just be sure to add a 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract to the recipe if you're using plain milk)
1-2 generous teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder (the particular amount depends on how much you want to stir in the milk and how much you want left over for dusting)
2 to 2.5 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur
Cinnamon for dusting

Directions

(1) Stir cocoa powder and sugar into milk. It's okay if there's a small layer of cocoa powder left on top of the milk, (I actually like the contrast it gives to the milk, but if that's not your style, stir it in completely. Different strokes for different folks)!

(2) Stir in salt and coffee liqueur. Add cinnamon on top layer. Enjoy with a bit of nostalgic Wonderland whimsy:



Love Always,
Rukh








No comments:

Post a Comment