Friday, August 10, 2012

Golden Bars for The Golden Girls!


Golden Bars that Blanche, Rose, Dorothy, and Sophia would love!
I have yet another confession to make: anytime a Golden Girls rerun is on TV, I feel obligated to watch it, even the episodes I've seen too many times to count when Lifetime used to play them almost everyday, (and I should mention that this was before Betty White's fabulous comeback). I can't tell you how many times my mom and I stayed up way too late laughing at all the shenanigans of our favorite Floridian roomies! So, I decided to celebrate these ladybugs with a new chocolate chip-themed recipe. Yes, I know The Golden Girls were always having cheesecake nights and that there were few exceptions to this rule, but personally, I always thought the most important part of these dessert nights were the fact that they always involved women coming together to support one another. No matter what drama Blanche, Sophia, Rose, and Dorothy were going through, they always had each other's backs, (and kept us laughing while doing so).

It is with this sense of love and loyalty that I present my latest recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars.
The oats are optional if that's not your scene, but if you nix them, these bars will be more cake-like. Oh, and this is all Betty Crocker, no copyright infringement intended:
Here are my adjustments: I added 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (of course) and just a little extra bit of vanilla extract. I also opted to nix the nuts, but I'm sure they taste just wonderful in these treats! I must cheesily point out that I shared these Golden bars with some lovely friends at a fun girls' night, so this recipe is dedicated to them and all the fantastic ladies who take time out of their day to laugh together, share positive energy, and lift each other up.

As Marcel Proust once said, "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Cheers to you, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment