Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Dark Knight's Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites: Say that five times fast!

Decadent The Dark Knight Rises-inspired goodies!

I have a confession to make: I'm a total Batman geek. Seriously, when I was little, I used to watch that old-school 90s cartoon. Back then, I just thought it was a fun Saturday morning activity, but looking back, I've come to appreciate that particular show for its dark, yet strangely compelling/intelligent undertones. Of course I've seen most of the film versions, (before the Christopher Nolan series, my fave was Tim Burton's vision, simply because I loved Michelle Pfeiffer's campy send-up of Catwoman). All that being said, the latest installments have all been pretty fantastic, too! This brings me to the latest chapter about our hero, (and sadly the last one directed by Nolan): I finally got to see The Dark Knight Rises today and it was spectacular!

I won't spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen it. All I will say is go see it now, seriously! 
Christian Bale is positively stunning in the role (and dreamy too of course) and the rest of the cast does a phenomenal job as well. Now on to this week's recipe: Decadent Dark Knight Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites, phew that's a long name, *wipes brow*. I got the recipe from Ms. Betty Crocker, no copyright infringement intended!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/peanut-butter-brownie-bites/3b9110f2-ea80-4867-b58f-11816c20b1a4

I will say that I made the peanut butter cookie dough from scratch as well as the brownies: I opted to use dark chocolate in the recipe, which can be found here at Better Homes and Gardens. I only made 1/2 of the dark chocolate brownie recipe, and trust me, I still have plenty of extra brownies left over! 

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chocolate/dark-chocolate-brownies/

On another note, I feel like it wouldn't be right to speak about this movie without mentioning the awful tragedy in Aurora. Some friends and I were talking last night about how shameful it is that a place where people essentially go to dream was violated so senselessly and horrifically. I'm not going to mention the name of the person who committed this heartless and heinous act because frankly he doesn't deserve any more media attention, but I will give some love to this link:

Five Ways You Can Help the Aurora Shooting Victims Online:
http://mashable.com/2012/07/24/help-aurora-victims-online/

Now go enjoy a little dark chocolate yumminess while you help some sweet people out. Cheers to you for doing your part, and also to Mr. Nolan, (and Mr. Bale)! Thank you for bringing this incredible story to life: I for one enjoyed every minute of it! ;0)

Love Always,
Rukh


No comments:

Post a Comment