Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cinnamon Coffee Cake, (if you're in L.A., go see The Egg Play)!

Cinnamon Coffee Cake for the fantastic cast and crew of The Egg Play
Hello lovelies! This is my first attempt at baking a coffee cake from scratch. I found the recipe on this baking diva's blog after I googled "yummy coffee cake." The picture from her blog looked the most scrumptious, so I took a chance: totally glad I did because she's a genius! Here's the recipe. No copyright infringement intended, this is all the work of one fabulous Mrs. Christy:

http://christyskitchencreations.blogspot.com/2009/02/cinnamon-coffee-cake.html


NOTE: I used 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, because let's be real: an extra teaspoon of vanilla goodness never hurt anyone.  I also nixed the walnuts, and might be adding some semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batch I make for my co-workers.

Why did I choose coffee cake you ask? Well, let's just say that some amazing, talented people, are embarking on the very first tour for their new theatre company, (some former fellow SMUers are involved so hollaback)! These amazing, talented people also probably need to keep their energy up while working on/performing said touring show, so I figured that I would give them a sweet treat to help them do just that! It also helps that a key ingredient in the recipe is in the play's title. So, if you're in the L.A., you should see Transient Theater's inaugural show, The Egg Play.  You can buy your tickets right here: http://www.transienttheater.com/

Oh, and you should jet set on getting those tickets! The show leaves LaLa land after Monday for its next destination and you don't want to miss it! Peace, love, and happy baking/theatre-going!

Love Always,
Rukh

P.S. R.I.P. Ms. Sylvia Woods, Queen of Soul Food. This cake's for you! 

The late and great Ms. Sylvia Woods' answer when asked about her secret ingredient to great soul food, (but I think this is the key to any kind of meaningful work so I thought I would share): "a little of this and a little of that and you mix it all together. But a whole lotta love has to go in it. If you don't have that, you have nothing at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment