Sunday, July 15, 2012

Breaking Bad Chocolate Chip Cookies, yo!

I know it's been forever and a day since I've updated, but I promise you the wait was worth it. For this post, I present you with *drumroll please* Breaking Bad Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Jesse would love these and probably share them with Mr. White because he's just cool/sweet like that
Yes, I already know that I have a Breaking Bad-inspired recipe on here, (see the Breaking Bad Derby Pie Tartlets post from a couple months ago). What I also know is that after an agonizing wait,  Breaking Bad returns tonight on AMC for its fifth and final season. If you haven't started watching this show, get on it: Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are so incredibly gifted at bringing Walter White and Jesse Pinkman to life. The rest of the cast is stellar as well and don't even get me started on the writing...seriously, too many cliffhangers to count!

For those of you who are already on the bandwagon, (or for those looking for a non-traditional cookie recipe) celebrate with a little Pinkman-inspired cookie love: the secret ingredient once again is chili powder. If you're a newbie, you'll understand this once you start watching the show, *hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge*! It gives the chocolate flavor a little bit of a kick. If that's not your style, you can just nix the chili powder and go for good old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies, (but come on, try it, yo)! For this recipe, I got some help from Betty Crocker. Here's the chocolate chip recipe I used straight from the website, no copyright infringement intended, this is all Betty!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookies/77c14e03-d8b0-4844-846d-f19304f61c57

NOTE: I used 1 full tablespoon of vanilla extract because I love that stuff! I also added 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of Mexican Chili powder. I also opted for not adding nuts to the cookies, but I'm sure they would be equally good in this recipe!

I had to bake these cookies for a few minutes longer than the recipe called for: just make sure you take them out of the oven when they're still golden brown. If you keep them in there, then they could burn, and that would be bad news bears! Now go bake these and get ready for the last season: I'm sure it's going to be a twisted and amazing ride!

Check out the show's official page on AMC's website for more info: http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad

Happy baking/watching everyone!


Love Always,
Rukh

No comments:

Post a Comment