Sunday, June 24, 2012

Curious George's Banana Nut Bread!

Banana Nut Bread! Photo courtesy Megan Faillace
Banana Nut Bread! Photo courtesy Megan Faillace
Banana Nut Bread!
Did you love reading the Curious George books as a kid as much as I did, (and did you enjoy the cute cartoon version as well)? He was such a sweet, curious little monkey! In honor of him and the Man with the Yellow Hat, I present to you lovely blog readers: *drumroll please,* Curious George's Banana Nut Bread! Why? Well, because I'm pretty sure Mr. George had a fondness for bananas, and what better way to enjoy said bananas than baked into a yummy Martha Stewart recipe? I stuck to her genius, but added 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon:

http://www.marthastewart.com/312772/banana-bread

Oh, one more thing: I baked this amazing bread in a 9 inch square pan, and ended up only having to bake it for 35 to 40 minutes, a little less than the given baking time.  I'm more of a pecan than walnut girl, so I opted for those, but I'm sure either would be just great! Now go forth and bake, (and thank you for taking time out of your relaxing Sunday to read this, I truly appreciate it)!

Love Always,
Rukh

P.S. Here's a little 80s nostalgia for you, Curious George style; no copyright infringement shenanigans intended: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uTdnVNx-fE


No comments:

Post a Comment