Friday, May 11, 2012

Six Feet Under Dirt Cups

Okay, gummy worms, this is sweet...

 
              
   Now give me passionate!


Give me excited!


I first found the gem of a show that is Six Feet Under during some off-time at an internship, deciding to finally check out what all the fuss was about. The show had already been off the air for over five years, but after watching an obscene amount of episodes in a ridiculously short amount of time, I understood why fans love it so much! To this day, I have to say Six Feet Under stands out as one of the greatest shows of all time. Now, I know what you're thinking: this l'il lady raves about a lot of supposedly good TV shows, but this series was the stuff of legends. It didn't hurt that their ensemble worked so well together: [here is where I was going to mention all of them but there were way too many talented people involved in this show to name. Don't believe me? Then visit the show's IMDb page and see for yourself: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0248654/]

On another note, I have to say that the series finale for this show was simply excellent, elegant and incredibly heart-wrenching all at the same time, whew *wipes brow.* Even though it's been one year since I finished the series, I still can't watch those last five minutes without tearing up. So to avoid the temptation to watch those last few phenomenal minutes again and to honor of this spectacular show, I give you: Six Feet Under dirt cups, cause you know, they own a funeral home and...yes, this is a bit morbid, but if you take the Six Feet Under reference out, these are incredibly easy-to-make treats that are perfect for a summer get together, okay?! Ready? Let's do this!

What you need:

  • 15 Oreos, (or less depending on how much you're making)
  • 1 package instant chocolate putting
  • 2 cups cold milk
  • 1 package gummy worms
  • A few pieces of dark chocolate (optional)
Directions:

(1) Prepare instant pudding according to instructions on package. I got the sugar-free, fat-free kind and it turned out to be surprisingly tasty. It was super easy to make, too! You just pour out the mix into a bowl, add 2 cups of cold milk and whisk for 2 minutes. It takes just a few more for the pudding to set!

(2) Take 3 Oreos and crush them up! Put this "dirt" layer at the bottom of a clear cup. Then, layer on a few generous teaspoons of your pudding. Crumble up 2-3 more Oreos for the top layer. Then, put those gummy worms on top, (or inside the cup if that's your style)! If you love dark chocolate like me, break those pieces up and scatter them over the top. 

(3) Grab a spoon and dig in! 

HBO's official website for the show. No copyright infringement shenanigans intended. I want you to get the good stuff from the people who green-lit it! http://www.hbo.com/six-feet-under/index.html





No comments:

Post a Comment