Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Dude (and Don Draper) Abide : White Russian Cupcakes!

Hey dude, this one's for you and that guy in the suit!

I have a terrible confession to make: I have never seen The Big Lebowski! *Dodges tomatoes* Hey, hey c'mon now, I'm working on fixing that very soon! Give me a little credit here: at least I know Jeff Bridges' character loves those White Russians. You know who else enjoys a nice drink? Don Draper: that handsome, impeccably-dressed, yet tortured character off Mad Men played by the equally impressive Jon Hamm. I'm still behind on all the drama at SCDP, so to atone for that, (and that Lebowski stuff) I give you White Russian Cupcakes with Kahlua Buttercream Frosting! I feel like it's the perfect way to honor the grooviness of Mr. Bridges and Mr. Hamm.

Oh, I should tell you that I found the recipe for them on this diva's website, so she better get it! 

http://www.rachelleb.com/2012/01/13/white-russian-cupcakes/

I took her fabulous recipe and multiplied it by two, as I'm making these cupcakes for my apartment-warming tomorrow. I also made some alterations with the buttercream frosting: I used 1.5 sticks of butter, added a tablespoon of vanilla extract, and used an extra 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. I kept the salt in and used 3 tablespoons of my knock-off Kahlua, (listen, L.A. is expensive, okay)? I got experimental with the garnishing: some cupcakes have dark chocolate bits/Hershey's syrup and some have milk chocolate chips. Now go make yourself a batch while I finally watch this classic. Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment