Saturday, April 28, 2012

My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe

So, I'm on a bit of a baking high this week and decided: CARPE DIEM, I will bake *two* things in one week! I live on the edge, don't I? What did I decide would appease my baking addiction? Simple: chocolate chip cookies. When I first started baking about two years ago, I was scared of cookies. Seriously...scared. I mean, it's such a simple dish, but sometimes "simple" can be "easy to mess up."

For a while, I avoided the scary realm of baking chocolate chip cookies from scratch until I happened upon this amazing recipe from this equally amazing website: Smitten Kitchen. If you don't already know about the Smitten Kitchen, this will be a lovely introduction. The recipe is linked below, (I cannot take any credit for Deb's brilliance). I added a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the recipe when I mixed the dry ingredients. I find that it kicks up the chocolate flavor, but if you're anti-cinnamon, just follow this recipe and you'll be good!

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/03/crispy-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Again, no copyright infringement intended. This is all Deb Perelman and I wouldn't have it any other way! YAWP! You get five cool points if you get that reference by the by. Also, this batch is in honor of my spectacularly gifted, intelligent, beautiful friend: Saskia Warren. She just got accepted to graduate school at the University of Michigan and will be (and already has been) a fantastic John Keating-esque teacher! Congrats, ladybug! I had no doubts!





No comments:

Post a Comment