Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baby Don't You Cry, Gonna Bake a Pie, Gonna Bake a Pie with a Heart in the Middle...


                                                             Chocolate Mousse Pie

So, I came across this fabulous website that has all the recipes for the pies in the movie WAITRESS:

http://waitressmovie.net/jennas-pies/

If you haven't seen this movie and need a Keri Russell themed pick-me-up, I highly recommend it, (plus you'll understand the song reference above)! For the record, Jenna has cute names for all her creations and refers to this particular pastry as "Falling in Love Pie." No, I'm not in love, (unless you count being in love with a city, well, then I'm getting there). Anyways, this pie is super easy to make. Ready? Here's the recipe:

1 baking pastry shell (size: 9 in)
1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix (should serve 4)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (size: 14 oz)
2/3 cup water
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
2 cups whipping cream

Directions:

Mix sweetened condensed milk, water, and chocolate pudding mix in saucepan until smooth. Add unsweetened chocolate over medium heat and stir. After the chocolate has melted (and is sufficiently blended in), remove from heat and let cool. Stick this chocolate mixture in the fridge for about an hour. Then, remove from fridge and stir again. Fold the whipping cream in gradually. Next, get that pastry shell ready, (note: I baked the pastry shell for 7 minutes on 375 F, but some shells come ready to serve).

Either way, pour the chocolate mixture into the baked/non-baked pastry shell and chill for 4 hours, (mine actually took longer to set but that's just me...whipping cream and I have a testy relationship)! Happy baking and a Happy Early Birthday to my sweet friend, Lila! This pie's for you!

<3 Always,
Rukh

P.S. Major props to my awesome roommate, who let me borrow her fancy camera to take this pic! Thanks, Diva Megan!

No comments:

Post a Comment